Sunday, August 30, 2009

I missed you a lot today...

I miss talking to my Mimi so if you will humor me...I'm going to talk to her here.

I missed you a lot today. There were great big puffy clouds in the sky; the kind we used to find all sorts of fun things in while sitting on the front porch. The sky was a perfect blue and there was a cool breeze heralding the autumn chill. It will be fall soon and the trees will explode with color and the dew will turn to frost and the squirrels will be running around the roof with their stash growing every day. But today, was one of those days were sweet dreams become reality...the perfect day at the end of the summer. Sixty years ago there would have been a dozen neighborhood kids playing tag football in the side yard or maybe just a few playing cowboys and indians. Tonight there's an extra blanket on my bed and I have socks on my feet. The daisies in my flower pot are starting to whither, but they're still lovely. I burned up my teapot yesterday...I turned the wrong burner on...I smiled when I thought it was something you would have done (and have before). Aunt Judy told Dad that when he wins the lottery, she wants a hot male nurse who likes older women. I could hear your voice going "lalala". I felt you holding my hand while I was standing by the lake, just like I often feel you beside me. I guess I just miss telling you things. Things like how much I love you and miss you and wish I could hear you laugh just one more time...

No comments: